Friday, October 29, 2010

Farewell and Thank You, Carol Ludwig

Carol Ludwig, BCCS Chief Financial Officer, is retiring today after 19 years of service with us. Yesterday we held a farewell for her at her office at the Lancaster Annex. It was an opportunity for those who have worked with her and been touched by her dedication and service to BCCS to express their gratitude and say goodbye.

Carol was presented with an oversized card signed by BCCS staff, as well as a gift of matching turquoise earrings and necklace. As staff reminisced and shared stories from the past, Carol recalled her favorite client.

“Over on 4th Street, when I first started working there, I came out and she started spilling her guts to me. I was like, ‘Honey, honey, I’m not a counselor! Don’t be tellin’ me this stuff!’ And she looked me in the face, and she said, ‘Well, you looked like somebody I could talk to.’ I said, ‘Awww…’”

Asked what was her best moment, she said, “Coming here. I took a big pay cut to come here, but when I got here and started working here, I knew this was where I belonged.” As for retirement plans, she plans to take off in an RV and travel with her husband, and to do some volunteer work.

Thank you, Carol for your many years of service and best wishes!

1 comment:

Sally said...

congrats Carol on being an honest and dedicated employee who always told me the truth and worked many hours over and beyond what was expected----enjoy the next part of your life.