Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Recovery "League of Advocacy"

The Discovering Alcoholic has invited us to be part of a League of Advocacy to help draw attention to issues affecting the recovering community. Are you reading this blog yet? You should be - it's an amazing recovery resource. Even though I'm not in recovery, I read it every day and I always find something insightful.

Anyway, TDA has come up with a wonderful idea:

“I plan to send out a request to my fellow recovery bloggers and interested parties to take part in a link exchange program designed not to promote ourselves, but instead as an advocacy league. All I am asking for is an e-mail, and a promise to consider sending a message to your representatives or posting a blog on topics of great interest or concern to the recovery community. It’s only asking a little, and by working together we can make a difference each in our own little way. I am not asking you to dress up like a recovery superhero (although you may want to try it, these tights are super-cool), but we just might be able accomplish some really super things.”

I’m excited to be a part of this because I would like for this blog to do more than just report our BCI news, but also be a resource for people and a tool for positive change. Since recovery topics are not my area of expertise, I hope some of my co-workers will step in to help us move in that direction. So stay with us, join in the conversation, and help us build this new recovery network.

1 comment:

The Discovering Alcoholic said...

Thanks for highlighting this effort Matt!